Orient Fan

Hi, my history is that I was a cheap (but accurate) quartz guy for 30 years until I stopped wearing a watch entirely for a while and just used my phone and computer for time.  About 5 years ago, I got interested in mechanical watches but have resisted going down the collector route.  I've owned a 7s26 Seiko, which gave me some problems, and then switched to Orient and had good luck with 2 or 3 of them, then bought a Tissot, just to have a Swiss watch.  I fought, successfully so far, the urge to buy a Rolex.

Anyway, I have had one Orient Tristar break on me and I'll be posting a question on that.  Most professional horologists haven't worked on Tristars, I suspect, so I came here to see if anyone in a dedicated repair forum might be able to help me.

PS: My username comes from the fact that I was/am a huge Lord of the Rings fan (the books, not the movies) and the Brandywine RIver was the eastern border of the Shire.

Edited by RobBrandywine

Welcome Rob... I too got into mechanical watches after exploring the Orient.  I have a few of them and like them.  It did help me to want o acquire more watches, from the range of old vintage Timex watches, all the way up to my grail watch, an Omega Seamaster 300 that I picked up used.  I mostly just look at more affordable watches at this point.