Omega Calibre 470 Mainspring

Hello all,

I am in the process of assembling an Omega 470 movement.  I replaced the mainspring with a new one and installed it with the colored portion of the metal shipping ring facing up.  When I went to install the barrel arbor, the hook was facing in the wrong direction.  The barrel only fits in the movement one way and I know the arbor is in the correct orientation based on the square portion facing up.  Can anyone with experience with a 470 movement please chime in with whether or not this is one of the rare instances that the colored portion of the metal ring faces down during installation?

Thanks,

Darren Brown

Hi Derren there are some springs that fit the other way thats why its always as well to either make a note of its orientation or take pictures of the movement and spring. sounds like you have got one that winds the other way. been caught that way my self I had to remove the spring and recoil it into the former then fit it the right way with a little oil afterwards. 

I have attached the sheets should you not have them

975_Omega 470 Pages 1-3.pdf 976_Copy of Omega 470 Pages 4-9.pdf

Watchweasol<

Thanks so much!  That picture of the main spring says it all.  That is opposite the way I had originally installed it.  I have pictures of everything but the open barrel.   I tried to remove the spring and wind it back in the correct way by hand as I don't have a set of winders. It was a fail.  A new spring is already on the way. Lesson learned.

Darren