Jewel Setting Spring Replacement Rolex 2030

I searched but didn’t see this exact question. This spring is for a Rolex 2030 ladies movement, bottom balance jewel setting. This is a new spring. The old one was mostly broken when I got to it. Needs replaced, as it came loose and is broke. Old one is totally removed.

This looks like I “only” need to get the opening around the hinge.  Is that correct, or is there more to this one? I can’t see how removing the entire jewel holding setting from the plate would help. Any guidance appreciated…Thanks!

52194942-BF1D-41CF-BEFF-30E5E37FC5E5.jpeg

I had to replace a Bulova Kif Elastor spring yesterday, it looks very similar to yours but I'm not sure if it attaches in a different way. Here is how I managed it on the Bulova. At then end, when I rotated the oiler and used the tip to drive it home, that seemed to be the key for me. The plastic on top makes it easy to move the spring around and also keeps it in place so it doesn't ping off. I tried doing it without the jewel in place but struggled as the tips of the spring kept getting stuck in the jewel hole. Raising them up with the jewel in place made it a lot easier.

Edited by GuyMontag
  • Thanks 1

Excellent video, Guy! Well done. Great idea with the thin plastic.

I wonder if my new replacement is too large because I had no issues getting it pushed under the hinge. I did manage to get it installed, with the jewel in place, but it basically appears that both the front and the back are simply held in the same way, by spring pressure under the lip of the hinge in the back and under the lip of the setting rim in the front. It’s staying for now, but I’m a little concerned it will. I’ll have to put it to a minor drop test once I recover from that tedious ordeal. 😊

• Like 1