Hello from new member

SPB

My name is Sean.   I have not worn a watch in 30 years. Two years ago I received a anniversary gift to watch from work. I did not wear the watch until last week. It was a Tissot.  I ordered a new band and wore it for 3 days before I noticed the second hand was no longer attached to the spindle.  I watched a few videos.  I was able to get the back off and remove the time adjustment knob.  I expected the whole inner assembly to fall out.  It did not and I am stuck.  I was hoping to benefit from member’s experience and complete removal of the second hand.  I plan to post a picture on the beginner forum and get some advice on next steps.  Thank you very much.

Hello Sean. 12 month ago I was where you are. I jumped in, knackered my and another's watch. Spend some time looking on the internet for the same watch and movement as you have and then learn where you are doing it wrong. A Tissot is not a cheap movement. It is costly to obtain the parts. Get an cheap movement of another make from ebay. Find a video and by trial and error you will learn. Watch Mark's introduction video a number of times. 

It's a fascinating hobby. Wish you well

Ross