Shall we rescue another eBay mess? Seiko 6309a.

1 hour ago, lexacat said:

EDIT: If he doesn't care about it being a 7040, you could probably sell that case on eBay and it would cover the cost of a parts matching 7290 from SpeedTimerKollection, for example:
https://speedtimerkollektion.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=109893

It's the same 6309 movement, just need to do the service/fix and replace the bezel, gaskets, etc.

Ha- great minds think alike. I'm waiting on a new bezel from them for the watch as the current one is damaged...and I presume aftermarket, yes? I also found a new chapter ring for the rusted one it had...

IMG_0721.thumb.jpeg.d9e6a5a7da5f2b6a78cb6c4d45b22495.jpeg

this bezel insert is damaged around the 20....

...and thank you for the identification. I had posted my watch wanting some assistance in identifying everything. Thank you for confirming the case didn't match the 7290 case back. The movement is the 6309A, dial is the popular fake with the big symbol I had no idea the fat cases had that much value. So many contradictions I don't know what to call it- 

...and funny I looked at those project watches on SpeedTimer. I figured to stop throwing money at these until I have a better handle on things...the nephew won't care about authenticity, he'll appreciate a watch from his uncle...but if he does begin to appreciate authenticity he's getting an upgrade!

Edited by rehajm