Not Your Ordinary Shockspring Jewels ?

This shock system is in Miyota movements, and probably many other Chinese ones.

This is the same system in the Miyota 8200 walkthrough I posted, so replacements shouldn't be too hard to get.

That i have a few old movements in the drawer :) .Will check if their is something that will work ? :)

Edited by rogart63

But not as fun as repairing a non working movement ? And learn something in the process . I have learnt that the jewel is called shockresist . Miyota system is called Parashock .

Edited by rogart63

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• On a different post we were discussing units of measurements. Not wanting to highjack the post, I  thought we could discuss here.  What is the origin of Dennison's. @Waggyonly one lecturer insisting on units of measurement, all mine did.  
    • I used to have a lecturer during my Engineering classes who was always beating a drum about quoting units, I remember one day he was so exasperated with our class he said "quote your units!!!!...I don't care what units JUST QUOTE THEM!!!" My next assignment I calculated the velocity and quoted the units, something along the lines of: "Thus the velocity of the body will be 0.00345 furlongs per fortnight" He graded my work as an F, then crossed it out and gave me an A+, turns out he had a sense of humor after all.
    • Just to add to what @Neverenoughwatches says, the impulse jewel on the balance wheel is also held in by shellac, so avoid exposing the assembly to IPA as well - as stated the one-dip and generic tetrachloroethylene equivalent is safe with shellac so you can use this for your pallet fork and balance assembly. I agree, but worth noting that IPA readily soaks up water, even from the atmosphere: "IPA exposed to the air will absorb moisture rapidly until it reaches an equilibrium value of 65% IPA to 35% water." So you need to refresh it regularly.     
    • The width is otherwise known as mainspring height and strength as thickness for us more modern guys.
    • I've remembered something I had forgotten.  I've come across Dennison before but forgot all about it as I'm never going to use the units.  Maybe we should start a  thread on obscure units of measurement.