Advice needed for 28.5mm dial and quartz movement options

Hi all. 

I'll explain what I'm looking for and hopefully some (or many) can offer some input.

Due to a recent house move I'm a bit strapped for cash (amazing how so many crawl out of the woodword for a pound of flesh for doing little to nothing at this time).

I have a 28.5mm seiko SKX dial, I have hand painted and I want to put it into a simple stainless case (no bezel dive watches as it wouldn't suit the dial) I also have some brand new Gold plated Ronda movements bought for a repair and never used. 

Can anyone recommend a case or means of rigging the three parts together?

Aliexpress is full of NH35 cases but I'm not sure if I can make that work (plus it would be excessively thick for no reason).

Please help 🙂

Edited by Richb77
Spelling

you're not giving us much to work with which is the problem. So basically you have a dial and you don't have to worry about the dial feet is my interpretation and you have a quartz movement.

basically you have an impossible task. Which is why no one is bothered to answer your question as a guess

if I list all the reasons why this impossible is going to make for a really long message. A better option would be to seek out nonrunning quartz watches on eBay of a suitable case style that you like and then making that work for your project. So this way you know that the dial fits the case and just get a replacement quartz movement of the other one isn't working. Because otherwise you end up with so many variables to basically becomes almost impossible to do.

On 9/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, Richb77 said:

I also have some brand new Gold plated Ronda movements bought for a repair and never used. 

the other thing to do is go and see if can find watches that use that particular movement because at least the case would fit. You can end up with so many sizing issues if you start trying to do what you're doing which is probably not helpful answer you are looking for.

52 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

you're not giving us much to work with which is the problem. So basically you have a dial and you don't have to worry about the dial feet is my interpretation and you have a quartz movement.

basically you have an impossible task. Which is why no one is bothered to answer your question as a guess

if I list all the reasons why this impossible is going to make for a really long message. A better option would be to seek out nonrunning quartz watches on eBay of a suitable case style that you like and then making that work for your project. So this way you know that the dial fits the case and just get a replacement quartz movement of the other one isn't working. Because otherwise you end up with so many variables to basically becomes almost impossible to do.

the other thing to do is go and see if can find watches that use that particular movement because at least the case would fit. You can end up with so many sizing issues if you start trying to do what you're doing which is probably not helpful answer you are looking for.

It is a helpful answer John. You have put into perspective what a complicated task this could be. Rich is now prepared to be able to make a decision as to how to proceed. No point in sugar coating it for him John. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I guess its not as simple as i wanted it to be. 

i know there isnt the support for quartz customs like there is for the SKX line of Seikos. I think i will do what John has suggested. Try and source a watch with a Ronda 715 movement or similar and go from there. Or buy a bag of defective watches and see what i can Frankenstein up. If the housing will fit an automatic movement it should fit a little Ronda. I can 3d print a movement spacer if required.

Thanks for the help and thanks for the clarification of the mammoth task i asked...I had no idea.