Wish I could get that darn bfg 866 date wheel centered.oO

Hello again, title says it all. I must be missing something. The date wheel just placed over the canon pinion there is a spring for it. I don’t know if I need too set it on the gear on the wheel or not? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much! This can drive a man batty😀 I at least want it well enough so that every time I check the time it doesn’t vex me. Thank you! Now back at it

Hello, when I opened my watch the calendar works consisted of the date wheel, double toothed hour wheel and the date jumper. Does the date jumper need to be set on the hour wheel teeth?

The date wheel is driven by the date driver gear usually with a finger vthat picks up the wheel at change over, the date wheel is usually held by a spring loaded detent to keep it in position untill the nest change.  the site below gives you a good explanation , worth reading.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrIQdfMnvpiP3cAxwh3Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzMEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1660620621/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fquillandpad.com%2f2018%2f10%2f06%2fits-a-date-taking-a-closer-look-at-the-most-popular-complication-of-them-all-the-calendar%2f/RK=2/RS=evWRgNxtFa4F7gvf42qx4mWMfCs-

Thanks so much for the help! It led me to figure out the problem, of course the jumper had to be set on the hour wheel gear. How else would it jump😳. Any who, here it is all original 1969 and thanks to your help a perfectly centered date. Glad I joined the forum.

3B53074B-D182-4143-BC42-C105D370E10A.jpeg

• Like 2