Removing The Stem In A Quartz Orient D8510

Hello to all,

I have received an old lady quartz orient watch which needs a strip down service.

I have seen several marks  "here and there" around the portion of the winding stem but I have not managed to remove it yet.

I tried to push down the two metallic projections, each one or both, to bring them closer or further away each other while I was pulling the stem out with no luck. Tried to the setting position also nothing really happened. Since there is so much of plastic with some marks already from the past, I am really anxious not to create extra damage to the plate, bearing in mind that the movement is obsolete and no parts can be found easily. Any ideas or experience on a similar orient movement?

Here is a photo:

post-684-0-84169300-1433793963_thumb.jpg

I think this is the same setup you see on alarm hand stems in chronograph/alarm watches. I could be totally wrong, as I'm not familiar with this movement, but i believe those two prongs curl under the stem and meet with a tiny gap between them, invisible underneath the stem, basically you have to either push the prongs apart from each other or just take out the last two retaining screws, support the prongs and lift directly up and the prongs will be forced to open as they slide across the width of the stem that they're engaged to/underneath and then the top plate will be free and the stem as well. Like wise in re installing, it will be pushed down on the stem when it's re engaged and the plate will click and lock into place on the stem. 

Personally I've always disengaged these stems the latter way, though they seem designed to be just pulled apart for the stem to slide in and out, in practice it's not really ever worked for me, but then maybe I've been too gentle.

Edited by Ishima