Remove dial feet without damaging the front of the dial

Hi, I need to remove the dial feet from an ETA2824 dial so I can fit it to an ETA2789 movement (I will glue it to the dial spacers). Any tips appreciated as I don't want to damage the dial as it was expensive and took two weeks to arrive from Singapore. I am thinking that side cutters might best and to avoid filing unless absolutely necessary. I don't want to bend the dial you see. Thanks in advance, Steve.

IMG-20220719-WA0005.jpeg

Often you get dials with multiple movement compatibility and have 2 sets of dial feet and you remove the pair you don’t want. To remove them you just grip with a pair of snipe nose pliers and twist gently, they should then break off cleanly.

HTH

Tom

5 hours ago, tomh207 said:

Often you get dials with multiple movement compatibility and have 2 sets of dial feet and you remove the pair you don’t want. To remove them you just grip with a pair of snipe nose pliers and twist gently, they should then break off cleanly.

HTH

Tom

Thanks Tom, I twisted them off but then had to file down the stubs as the stubs were preventing me being able to glue the dial securely to the dial spacers. I placed the dial on polythene to prevent damage during the operation. Steve 

IMG_20220719_185155597.jpg

• Like 1