So another crazy neverenoughwatches post. Richard actually because this is kinda serious. Where to begin ? I might be stopping and starting as this is difficult  for me to discuss. Here we go. Hmm er so some of you might have noticed I'm a little bit out there, a bit odd sense of humor a bit crazy and maybe a little eccentric, and more to the point an annoying pain in the arse no filter kind of guy (sorry about that) sometimes ( what do i mean SOMETIMES ! ) . All true but i am what I am, a Marmite bloke, take me as i am or leave me well alone. I have some amazing friends that accept me for me because i have a good heart and i care and love people to the extreme which has lead to my dimise in some cases but I'm learning and my good lady wife keeps me right and keeps me safe on the inside ( thats where i need looking after most ). Not so much on the outside because she kicked my arse today in the gym. So to carry on my story. Since i can remember as a little boy I've been whats known as "au fait".  This means for want of a better description vaguely mediumistic. As a teenager and young guy i started to experience more but i pushed this away, it freaked me out tbh and i didnt want it. I've always had random dreams about people and more than likely past lives of my own, but something changed about three years and it started to come back. Then my dad died just before the pantomime started. I'd not spoken to him for over ten years and i didnt say goodbye. To be fair to him he was an ffing prick, his ashes sit on a shelf in my watchroom and he occasionally gets the finger from me when i reflect upon how he behaved. Disrespectful ? Well thats my call i knew him you didnt. So he died i sent him on his way to probably a free freehouse in the sky, not like he had a liver to worry about now. I had a lot of strange goings on during and just after his funeral and it then  settled down. Annnd now its come back again and much worse. Annnd i need a break.

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Fish and chips condiments ?

3 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

So another crazy neverenoughwatches post. Richard actually because this is kinda serious. Where to begin ? I might be stopping and starting as this is difficult  for me to discuss. Here we go. Hmm er so some of you might have noticed I'm a little bit out there, a bit odd sense of humor a bit crazy and maybe a little eccentric, and more to the point an annoying pain in the arse no filter kind of guy (sorry about that) sometimes ( what do i mean SOMETIMES ! ) . All true but i am what I am, a Marmite bloke, take me as i am or leave me well alone. I have some amazing friends that accept me for me because i have a good heart and i care and love people to the extreme which has lead to my dimise in some cases but I'm learning and my good lady wife keeps me right and keeps me safe on the inside ( thats where i need looking after most ). Not so much on the outside because she kicked my arse today in the gym. So to carry on my story. Since i can remember as a little boy I've been whats known as "au fait".  This means for want of a better description vaguely mediumistic. As a teenager and young guy i started to experience more but i pushed this away, it freaked me out tbh and i didnt want it. I've always had random dreams about people and more than likely past lives of my own, but something changed about three years and it started to come back. Then my dad died just before the pantomime started. I'd not spoken to him for over ten years and i didnt say goodbye. To be fair to him he was an ffing prick, his ashes sit on a shelf in my watchroom and he occasionally gets the finger from me when i reflect upon how he behaved. Disrespectful ? Well thats my call i knew him you didnt. So he died i sent him on his way to probably a free freehouse in the sky, not like he had a liver to worry about now. I had a lot of strange goings on during and just after his funeral and it then  settled down. Annnd now its come back again and much worse. Annnd i need a break.

Everyone thinks I'm odd but me. I don't see it but they have good intentions and no malice is meant.  

For me it's my mum, can't stand her for numerous reasons.  

18 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Everyone thinks I'm odd but me. I don't see it but they have good intentions and no malice is meant.  

For me it's my mum, can't stand her for numerous reasons.  

Aw sorry about that mate, mums are very important. Im lucky my mum is solid, the old man didn't  treat her very well. He honestly didnt treat anyone well but he had major issues himself. I can forgive him because he had problems that i cant talk about, but i cant forget the things that he did and put me through. I regret not saying goodbye. i had the chance to rip into him and let him know how much of a prick he really was and how much i did actually love him regardless but i never took it. Pleased dont let that happen with your mum Rich .

So another crazy neverenoughwatches post

Not another one?

This means for want of a better description vaguely mediumistic

I think when it happens we don't want to discuss it because we don't want people to think we're crackers.

now its come back again and much worse.

It's only happened to me once and I keep expecting another incident. Mine was also my father. It wasn't a dream - I was awake. Hang in there. The universe is a big place and this will sort itself out for you.

So anyway before i carry on, if anyone wants to comment thats fine if not then that's also fine. But what i will ask is that nobody takes the **BLEEP**, as i will clam up and vent somewhere else. I'd rather not though because writing this down helps me a lot. Actually I've changed my mind if anyone does want to poke fun thats also fine, because i stopped taking bullshit from folk a very long time ago and throughly enjoy a verbal duke. Any sort of duke when i think about it but a verbal one is more civilised and gentlemanly. So the Spooky watches. When my dad died i found an old sekonda watch in his flat, which is quite surprising because some of his so called mates and his sister, my auntie took it upon themselves to rob a dead man of his things and his stash. Disgusting !!! . And the police did feck all about it, hence my lack of faith in a force full of arrogant lazy pricks that lie and cheat on their husbands and wifes and only do the job because it pays half decent. How do i know ? I have a lot of inside information and a lot of experience dealing with them. Not all but a lot of them are complete tossers. So the Sekonda, my grandfather's to be precise. I remember it always from being about 5 years old which is when my grandfather died. My repair of it is when my spiritual experiences started to really kick off. I used skepticism as a tool to keep things at bay and as an attempt to deny what i know to be true. And did this for years which is odd in itself because one of my close longtime friends is a medium. When my dad died she pulled the rabbit out of the hat and told me things about him that she couldnt have possibly known, id never mentioned him once to her. What she told me broke me down and brought me to floods of tears. My skepticism ended there and then, and if anyone wants to call it mumbo jumbo trickery bullshit or whatever then you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I am one of the most logical thinkers you will ever meet, scientific study courses through my viens. Can i explain spiritualism ? Not a bloody clue but i know 100% that it genuine and i have my own validity for my belief in it. Diversed again sorry i cant help it i ramble. So to speed things up. I repaired grandads watch, i connected to it for a brief while during its repair. I end up connecting to just about every watch i take the back off and get inside. Which is why i have barely touched a watch since joining the forum two months ago in case anyone was wondering if i actually do anything with watches ( g ) sorry i have no filter and dont care. I have over 60 wristwatches that will want to get inside my head and 20 pocket watches that will want to do the same , two have already tried. So in all reality my house is full of spirts trapped in watches waiting to screw with my head. Am i crazy ? Its possible.  What do i do ?  Fook knows. 

55 minutes ago, grsnovi said:

think when it happens we don't want to discuss it because we don't want people to think we're crackers.

I stopped worrying about what folk thought about me years ago. I am what i am and i will never change. People either get on with me or they dont. I'd much prefer they did as friends can make a difference in a world that can be a shit place if you are unlucky. I only have a handful of true friends that i would trust with my life, many that i see and talk to but not what i would consider completely genuine. Yep I'm odd, eccentric and frustrate people but I'm also genuine, honest and will do whatever i can to help anyone. I know my worth and very quickly evaluate other people's.  Learnt that from having my good nature being taken advantage of toooooooo many times. 

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
Possibly a bit harsh and personal so reflected and changed accordingly

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

So this little tiger is accompanying me on my travels today. A cute little ladies silver pocket watch. I'm working today so i dont have time to date it till later. But if anyone is sat at home bored and wants to help out and have a crack at dating her that would be wonderful. Here are some pictures. And who knows she might talk to me this evening, i get on so much better with women especially mature women, their senses of humour is fantastic. 

20220607_081545.jpg

20220607_071245.jpg

20220607_071218.jpg

20220607_071157.jpg

20220607_071126.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

So this little tiger is accompanying me on my travels today. A cute little ladies silver pocket watch. I'm working today so i dont have time to date it till later. But if anyone is sat at home bored and wants to help out and have a crack at dating her that would be wonderful. Here are some pictures. And who knows she might talk to me this evening, i get on so much better with women especially mature women, their senses of humour is fantastic. 

20220607_081545.jpg

20220607_071245.jpg

20220607_071218.jpg

20220607_071157.jpg

20220607_071126.jpg

All I can tell you is it's not English.  .800 is foreign silver. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like a little Swiss 5-bar cylinder movement made for export to an English-speaking country (thus the "fast" & "slow").  It's hard to see, bit of blur, but the characteristic type of steel escape wheel intersects at its edge with the axis of the balance - wherein you'll find the cylinder.  That's Swiss.  
When the English made cylinder escapements, most of theirs were made long before and the old ones had escape wheels of brass.  And they used bridge plates instead of bars like this.
They aren't hard to work on really, once you have tools for them.  Oiling them just right, and setting the beat, can be rather tricky at times.
Being key-wind/key-set in the back, I'd guess she was made about mid-1800s, but not much later.  Shortly after, you would start seeing crown-wind/pin-set.

Edited by KarlvonKoln
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 5:47 AM, grsnovi said:

Not another one?

Cheeky 🙂

On 6/7/2022 at 5:47 AM, grsnovi said:
On 6/7/2022 at 4:25 AM, Neverenoughwatches said:

It's only happened to me once and I keep expecting another incident. Mine was also my father. It wasn't a dream - I was awake. Hang in there. The universe is a big place and this will sort itself out for you.

Theres so much more to this world than a lot of people realise or more accurately want to realise. 

• Like 1