Roamer Jubile MST402 replacement part

Hi there,

My Roamer is still giving me some hard time, after a full clean, I've noticed that the thread on the barrel bridge for the crown wheel is stripped. I knew something was wrong because the weel was moving freely in the case when I opened it in the first time, but I had hope that the culprit was the screw, and ... no. I need to learn that hope is not a good match with watchmaking.

Any way, do you know where I can find a replacement for the bridge (Barrel Bridge, MST 402 105)? Cousins UK use to have some, but their stock is empty now. I'm ready to buy a new movement if needed, but they are hard to come by, and the bridge is only similar to the MST428.

Thanks for your help,

Nick

As you mention (and according to Ranfft) the only similar movement is the 428.  There's nothing on https://watchparts.org.uk/ , so keeping an eye on ebay may be your only choice.

If you could find a suitable larger screw you could drill and re-cut the thread, or put a brass insert in - (but it's probably reverse thread and I don't know how easy it is to get taps).

31 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

As you mention (and according to Ranfft) the only similar movement is the 428.  There's nothing on https://watchparts.org.uk/ , so keeping an eye on ebay may be your only choice.

I'm going to scoot ebay evry day, but I was hopping that the community here could help me with that (damn, hope again, I never learn).

33 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

If you could find a suitable larger screw you could drill and re-cut the thread, or put a brass insert in - (but it's probably reverse thread and I don't know how easy it is to get taps).

I was thinking about the insert, but I have never done it, and I don't even have a dril for the job, but I going to dig in the subjet, thanks. For the thread I'll have a look at the screw.