Interactive 3D watch

Nice! So, what movement is that modeled on then I wonder? I also wonder what impetus caused someone(s) to put the amount of time and effort into creating something like that. If I knew anyone outside of this forum who cared about how watches actually worked, I'd be sending the link right now!

2 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

So, what movement is that modeled on

On 5/4/2022 at 11:22 PM, Kalanag said:

It‘s the ETA 2824-2.

I wouldn't know an ETA if it bit me, but I trust @Kalanag 🙂 

2 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

I also wonder what impetus caused someone

If you follow the guy's link to his blog you'll see that he's quite prolific with various topics.

• Like 1

Missed that. I thought that's what it was! Makes obvious sense, since it seems to be the most common movement out there right now. I'm used to seeing them through case backs with the rotor opposite the balance rather than digitally rendered like that. 

• Like 1

My Boss, knowing I tinker with watches, randomly sent me a link to this blog today. I came here to share only to find it has already been posted! Glad to see it is getting some attention.

This is a really nice resource for someone leaning about watch movements and one I will be bookmarking.