Help - Yema LaJour Superman Need Part

I recently purchased this 1960's Yema LeJour Superman and it looks & runs great. I realized later that the winding stem isn't original, doesn't screw into the case.

I took it to my local watch repair guy and he isn't able to find a replacement stem in online replacement shops or ebay.

Case Reference # 147433, ETA 2452

I'm also wondering if the original crown was marked "Y."

I love to buy just a winding stem, but would be willing to have it professionally serviced if I knew they had an original winding stem/crown replacement.

Any ideas - suggestions???

JoeBirmingham (Birmingham, AL USA)

Yema Superman 4.jpg

Yema Superman 2.JPG

Yema Superman 3.JPG

Yema Superman 1.JPG

Edited by JoeBirmingham
Misspelling

Hi JoeBirmingham,

I believe what you should be referring to are the crown and the pendant tube. The stem does not form part of the screw-down function.

That crown looks very much like those used on Monnin cases. These crowns were made by a different firm (either BFG or MF Co.).

These crowns screw into a thread cut within the pendant tube. When they fail to screw down, it can be either the pemdant  tube thread or the corresponding thread inside the crown.

To replace it, you can buy the crown and matching pendant tube from Cousins UK. You need to know the stem thread size (like 0.9mm or 1.0mm) and the crown diameter. You may be able to simply swap the crown and keep the pendant tube as-is. Otherwise, the pendant tube requires press-fitting.

Edited by rodabod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1