Hello all, how is everyone. Very well I hope...

Does anyone know where I can get the interchangeable Arms for a Jacot Pivoting Tool? Not the roller side but the burnishing and pivot end arms. Also, if anyone knows the proper name for those arms please do say. Surely there available??? My fingers are crossed.

Many thanks all,

David....

• 6 months later...
On 4/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, DFKG said:

Hello all, how is everyone. Very well I hope...

Does anyone know where I can get the interchangeable Arms for a Jacot Pivoting Tool? Not the roller side but the burnishing and pivot end arms. Also, if anyone knows the proper name for those arms please do say. Surely there available??? My fingers are crossed.

Many thanks all,

David....

are you talking about the lanterns? Ofrei.com has them. 

• 1 month later...

I got an idea and had to test it. I had one bad lantern so I made some experiments on jeweling it. I enlargened one hole so that it accepted the whole balance staff and then glued a jewel over the hole (Seitz flat olive with 0,08 mm hole). I used shellac since it's easy to soften if you need to adjust the jewel. Optimal solution would be to drill a hole the size of a small jewel but I didn't have the small jewel nor the drill bit. Or reamer small enough. There would also be no centering issues that way. So I did some pivot rounding for a test and it worked as supposed so upgrading these lanterns with jewels seems like an option. In a pic it looks like the jewel's not centered but it's photographed through the left ocular. Any thoughts?

IMG_20221116_174227.jpg

IMG_20221116_174358.jpg

IMG_20221116_174819.jpg