Hamilton 629 Incabloc Setting Troubles

I'm servicing my grandfathers Hamilton Thin o' Matic, and I went to clean the shock setting when it snapped. I believe this is from having multiple services done on it, causing the metal to fatigue, and partially of course the fact that I'm very much a armature. After trying for 20 minutes to get the setting off it snapped completely, and left the "tail end" stuck inside. I'll show you a picture. I'm used to incabloc settings where the whole piece comes out as a whole and is replaced like wise, so I'm not sure why this one seems locked in place. I'm going to replace the setting of course, however I need to know how to replace it, and take the existing broken piece out. Any help guys? I would appreciate it a lot seriously.

IMG_0937.jpg

Its a series of task that you need to get good at as they will be often needed , namely ;

Loosen the stud screw, while the cock is still on the msinplate.

Removal of balance with cock atttached " a must "  for any time you service a watch.

Flipping the cock and balance assembly over   ( cock down , balance up)    so to turn the boot of the regualting arm to let the hairspring out of regulator slot. You then poke the stud out and drop the balance ( a soft landing).

Some settings are held in place by a U clip which when removed the setting would easily come out. 

Install the shock spring and assembke inreverse order.