What Is This Part?

Lawren5

I'm working on a Benrus with an ETA 2375 movement. The part in question appeared when the barrel bridge was removed. One end slides within the slot in the bridge while the other end has a hole that doesn't appear to connect to anything.

I'm curious to know what is the purpose of this part.

Img_1716.jpg

Img_1717.jpg

Edited by Lawren5

I don't know what it's called, but I seem to remember it allows the crown wheel to disengage from the ratchet wheel when you turn the crown in the direction opposite of the winding direction.

I do remember the small hole in the part fits on a post on the underside of the barrel bridge so that the part pivots on it back and forth a little bit. And it was on one of the most attractive watches I've ever worked on or seen -- beautiful gold Benrus 3-star with a linen dial in immaculate exterior/visible condition. Still wish I had kept that one.

Thanks, Fixermole. Now I see how it fits. There is a small post on the underside of the barrel bridge that the part pivots on.

This Benrus is also a 3 star like the one you worked on but does not have the linen dial. The case has seen better days but the dial and movement are good.

Img_1738.jpg

• Like 1