movement diagrams/exploded view/reference help

thejed72

Hello all. First post here. I'm just getting into the hobby and I have a few incomplete movements that I'd like to start by making complete before diving in and while I'm gathering tools. I have a few Hamilton pocket watch movements and a Lemania 1275 that I'd like to have some reference materials for that would include hopefully an exploded view and parts numbers. I've been using the old Googles machine, and have not come up with anything too clear, though I've seen versions of what i'm looking for, but not a clear photo when enlarged, or npt quite covering what I need. So i know the info is out there, I just don't know where to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

24 minutes ago, thejed72 said:

I'd like to have some reference materials for that would include hopefully an exploded view and parts numbers

These may not exist for the specific watches you have, because at the time neither CAD or computers existed, professional drawing engineers were expensive, and watch repairers were supposed to know they trade without much printed materials. So it can happen that the most you can find are parts lists, and drawings of a general type of movement.

That may be true of the Hamiltons, but I've definitely seen them for (albeit poor copies of) the Lemania 1275. I wasn't sure if there was a resource available for these by particular movement when ordering parts that I was unaware of since I'm new to the hobby.

Many sites that sell spare parts will have parts lists with pictures.  Exploded views are less common but sometimes you can find them (mostly for newer movements.)  Here is an example for a Cattin C66 that I'm working on now:

https://www.spareparts-watches.com/product/2302839/cattin-66-mortima-66

I find these helpful for knowing the name of the parts, and also most times movements came in different grades, and the parts will be different.   Generally these variations will all be listed on the diagram and you will know to be careful when ordering replacement parts, or searching for them.  I've found that by searching around, I can usually find a similar diagram for most movements.