Hello All

berlintime

Hello all watch bangers,

Im just here to quickly introduce myself. I've picked up this interest in watches after I had pocessed only one watch, my grandfathers no name japanese quartz which keeps time better than any mechanical one I have  had so far even though I have kept it in a drawer for years, and I noticed that I would like a golden watch ( the quartz was silver). And sooo I went down the rabbit hole of ebay and etsy, having a few bad experiences and well, deciding to stick with mechanical ones since, you can mess up electricity but you cant mess up a maschine eh?

Well either way, after paying around 140 Euros for a good service of a vintage Seiko 6619, I started doing some research. This cant be too hard and well a few months later I have spent a considerate amount for a student on all the equipment and have recently repaired my first watch! Its just a old Miyota 8200 but the timegrapher puts it a a lovely (+1/255/0.2) which I am more than satisfied with.

Either way im posting things on here and other platforms now to not only get a better understanding of the mechanics and dynamics of a time piece, but to also share my knowledge and effort with my fellow enthusiasts( so that i wont chew of the ears on people who surround me and only understand the word "watch")

Hope to have a lovely time here,

Andrej

• 2 weeks later...