My two special time pieces

Tino

Hi there !

I would like to start sharing my small collection with two pieces that are really special to me.

The Seiko SSA215J1

• Caliber: 4R39
  • Date: 2015

Looks like this one is not really a popular Seiko. I barely find any related content online and the watch is litteraly selling half the price I've paid for it. But here is the thing, this is the first mechanical watch I've purchased for myself back in 2015. At that time I really wasn't that much into watches. But one day I entered a Seiko shop out of curiosity and it really was love at first sight :). I didn't buy it on the spot, but couldn't stop thinking about it until about 1 month later when I finally pulled the trigger. From that time I wear it almost daily !

P1210324.thumb.jpg.179392a265ff4f4850d50ffaa56fdf6f.jpg

The Rolex Datejust 1603

• Caliber: 3035
  • Date: 1980

That one is a birthday present from my father. He actually bought it several month before my birth so technically it's my "older brother watch" :). He also wore it daily for so many years and in some borderline extreme conditions. The watch was still running great but started to show some degradation on the needles. So when he gave it to me I decided to have it serviced at a Rolex shop. Here is the result:

P1150314.thumb.jpg.6002f2becd28eb346d387e0dbc32ff29.jpg

P1150311.thumb.jpg.b9bfc5f4230470bb7f05b71f8af2406b.jpg

That's it for now !

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Both very nice watches, with the seiko it's really about what you like, you were drawn to it and you wear it. I also love the backstory to your Rolex an heirloom watch with personal history is pretty special. I am working with my grandson to build his appreciation for watches, he has a couple of vintage seiko's that are older than his dad. He's pretty proud of them

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 2:41 PM, Tino said:

The Rolex Datejust 1603

• Caliber: 3035
  • Date: 1980

That one is a birthday present from my father. He actually bought it several month before my birth so technically it's my "older brother watch" :). He also wore it daily for so many years and in some borderline extreme conditions. The watch was still running great but started to show some degradation on the needles. So when he gave it to me I decided to have it serviced at a Rolex shop. Here is the result:

P1150314.thumb.jpg.6002f2becd28eb346d387e0dbc32ff29.jpg

P1150311.thumb.jpg.b9bfc5f4230470bb7f05b71f8af2406b.jpg

That definitely is a beautiful classic Rolex.

Good that you sent it in to an authorized Rolex place to have it serviced. 🖕

Well worth the cost in my book to have that done, especially it being handed down from you dad.

• Like 1