What would be the correct fix?

I’ve been tinkering with watches for a long time and I haven’t seen a failure like this yet. I could put thread lock on it or deform the head and put it back in and hope for the best but what would be the correct fix for this bracelet pin? I appreciate the help. ⌚

63E40FF4-7C43-48F5-B0C8-05CA0EAAE2AA.jpeg

2C0CF687-CC71-40A6-B70D-F819A4F669A1.jpeg

Edited by TheOtherGuy
Additional photo.

Hi  Loking at the bracelet end It looks like a Rolex type. The fact that the end has come off  is probably due to loose pin (Knurled) or a worn hole. The correct waty would be to replace both the link and the pin which if the bracelet is a rolex then expensive. The use of thread lock would work ok.  I did the same on a seiko a few years back and its still intact and working ok.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  Loking at the bracelet end It looks like a Rolex type. The fact that the end has come off  is probably due to loose pin (Knurled) or a worn hole. The correct waty would be to replace both the link and the pin which if the bracelet is a rolex then expensive. The use of thread lock would work ok.  I did the same on a seiko a few years back and its still intact and working ok.

Thanks, not a Rolex but a modded generic case & bracelet. 

I suppose one way would be to try and shrink the center hole a little to make it a tighter fit on the knurled pin. Working around the outside of the hole with a center punch should shrink it enough, or the use of a domed punch in a staking set if you have one would be a neater option. Or as you suggested a thread lock just make sure it's a strong one.

• Thanks 1

As its a generic bracelet and punching the rim could cause deformity and only closes the top edge, probably the best idea is a combinatiobn of both. Using a domed or hole closing punch and thread lock. hole closing punches can be purchased at Cousins uk    at a cost of £27.

• Thanks 1