A.Reymond Travelan Swiss Brevet Watch

Hi friends. I just purchased the above watch online. It appears to be a Military Watch from WW2. I can’t find anything online about this model. I’m curious has anyone have any experience with this type of watch. The face is White. No name on face. The MFG is on inside case cover. Any little bit helps. Thanks much,

Jeff

6 hours ago, WatchDuke said:

I just purchased the above watch online.

As mentioned, pictures are always needed for identification.

Also, the introductions section is just for that, not for ask your first or following questions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• You have a very low chance of straightening this, it should be made of hardened steel, which is very brittle. Maybe you could ask for a refund from the place where you bought it? If you go ahead and try to straighten it and it breaks then nobody will refund you.
    • I had purchased this wheel online but the upper pivot is a little bit bent how can a straight it?
    • I've hit this snag a few times and my solution is to hand wind, don't be tempted to crimp in the spring so that it catches the smaller arbor - nothing but misery lies down that road. A new spring is a reasonable solution if you don't mind the wait - given my location this can be more than 2 weeks and postage is often several times the cost of the part so not very practical. Perhaps another brand of winder may not have this issue, but after the pain of buying the Bergeon generic partial set I couldn't face the cost of a second different set. I did purchase a Chinese set when I was starting out, and lucky enough to get a set with steel arbors (most are brass), but they are caliber specific so unless you happen to be working of that specific caliber they are pretty much useless 99% of the time.
    • You can use a small winder in a big drum, but not the other way round.    The winder sizes are the same for adjacent barrel sizes - 5=6, 7=8 etc. 
    • Strange timing as Kalle just did a video where he expresses his feelings on dial dots, as usual he makes a clear and reasoned assessment 😂