Winder lost from Rotary G3002

20210723_131912.thumb.jpg.369d6f7c94a01930c0d26de434bd8c2d.jpgThis watch has been through the wars, but not literally, and the knurled winding knob got lost from the pin.

I then bought a replacement  Rotary G3002 as it was a lookalike for this watch my wife had bought me. It seemed a painless solution but it wasn't a good move. The new watch has a dented back and broken glass and stops at random, hopefully due to a loose battery. Other than that it's perfect!

So the next step looks like a crown wheel and pin swap so I can change the date and time on my old watch.

I have tried the ways suggested in other Rotary posts but what I did didn't work.

The picture shows a piece of card holding the battery steady. It developed the same stopping problem as the "new" one and that looks like a loose battery too. It is very floppy when inserted normally.

Any helpful comments will be gratefully received!

2 hours ago, clockboy said:

On the movement there should be some ID numerals or maybe the make of the movement. 

Picture is poor but that is a Miyota M6M12 module, as mentioned it can be replaced for cheap but considering the deeply pitting to the plating and other damage in my opinion it would be savvy not to throw good money after bad. A new full stainless steel watch wouldn't be terribly expensive, and would serve for a long time.

I hadn't appreciated how much damage cement dust had done over the years, and the picture was poor as the autofocus is variable!

Anyway, I looked at the nearly obscure movement number and found the 6M02 stem removal on YouTube. I swapped the two stems over and one watch is nearly perfect...except the manual change of day is defective. I can live with that since I can change the date with copious winding!

I leave my Omega de Ville for non building work!

Thanks for the comments.