Audemars Piguet 2003 case screw

They could work, but no way to know without doing some measurements or just trying. Do you have even a remnant of the originals?

I imagine you know this but this is an ultrathin movement, which while fairly good running is quite delicate and forget about parts- even original users (AP, VC, JLC in different variations can't get mainsprings for example. I think Cartier (who used the JLC variant) is looking into getting GR to make some new ones.

10 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

They could work, but no way to know without doing some measurements or just trying. Do you have even a remnant of the originals?

I imagine you know this but this is an ultrathin movement, which while fairly good running is quite delicate and forget about parts- even original users (AP, VC, JLC in different variations can't get mainsprings for example. I think Cartier (who used the JLC variant) is looking into getting GR to make some new ones.

Thank you ! 😀

I bought this movement for a bargain, I imagine the original gold case have been melted and I don't have any of the  case screws.

I can precisely measure the hole diameter, but are the threads usually standard? I guess I will have to try as you said..

My goal is to make a custom case for this movement. I do have a little experience servicing wristwatch movement, but maybe I am getting ahead of myself, are those movements very hard to service?

They are definitely harder than the average movement to service. Then seemingly simple things like taking the ratchet and crown wheels off- there are 6 screws in total, and they are very fine thread (0.40mm), and you will not find screws in an assortment to replace one in the event of loss; the only option is to make or modify and existing screw if suitable. The barrel is of the suspended type, with the arbor in two pieces that sort of "sandwich" the barrel, the two parts of the arbor are held together with 3 more screws like the ones on the ratchet wheel. That's already some stress and it's the most robust part of the watch, the balance and fork are really delicate.

I would get some small ladies calibers like A. Schild 1012, they made millions of them so very common and cheap. When you are 100% at ease taking something like that apart and servicing and reassembling then tackle the 2003.