Face-up versus Face-down discrepancy in cleaned watch

I just took apart and cleaned my ETA 2824-2. It has served me well for around five years and kept very good time.

When I initially reassembled it, it was running extremely fast. I remember that this happened before when I used the movement for my TimeZone Watch School class, and that after re-cleaning, the movement became really accurate.

So, I removed the balance assembly and re-cleaned it multiple times, including the balance jewel on the assembly, BUT not on the face-side.

Face-down, I get something like 0.2ms beat error and an accuracy of +2s/day. However, Face-down, the beat error is similar, but accuracy is around -180s/day.

I’d rather not do an entire disassembly, rather I wonder if giving the face-side balance jewel another cleaning and oiling could solve things?

is this worth a try?

thanks,

Charlie

I'll take the chance to say hello and welcome to both of you.

Michael is right, you will get a better response If you post your question in the right section. It could well be that the lower jewels are still not clean, so try again. Ideally you should have identical figures dial up and down. What amplitude are you getting?