El Primero Chrono Minute Counter not advancing

Hi all,

My LV Tambour w/ the El Primero movement has an issue.  The chronograph minute counter at 3 o'clock won't advance when the chronograph is running.  Everything else works great, and the watch is within chronometer specs and seems to be generally healthy on my timegrapher.  I can see the minute counter hand begin to advance and then it falls back to its original "zero" position.  Any suggestions?

Here's an animated GIF where you can see the issue.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I don't suppose you've thought about sending it back to the manufacturer?

One of the things we do not discriminated against in this group is whether you want to work on something expensive or not. Somebody will be along shortly and tell you this is an easy watch to do I'm going to disagree. But if you would like to work on it by all means we need the movement number. That means you're going to have to take the back off.

• Like 1

The movement is LV277 (engraved LV277) which is a base El Primero, but it is finished and assembled by LV at their Fabrique du Temps facility.  Unfortunately, I do not know what the comparable Zenith movement number would be.

I have heard horror stories of people sending their watches back to LVMH for service.  I figured I would ask here and see if someone had an idea as to why this would happen.  Everything else about this movement seems well sorted.

• Like 1

It's a shame he couldn't send it to Zenith maybe they would know how to repair it. As for Zenith there is a little bit a technical information out there on some other older stuff. But we do need to associate a model number with yours and everywhere they just use the words no actual caliber number? Then for those that are curious to see pictures it's found at the link below.

Then there is the other problem even if we did figure out what it is if it should deed of parts or somehow gets damaged and needs a part it doesn't really look like there's a lot of information out there so I'm guessing finding spare parts would be problematic. Although I did see on eBay somebody recently sold to movements which look like they were missing parts.

http://enzo25.e-monsite.com/pages/mouvements/lv277.html

10 hours ago, HarvesterUT said:

Hi all,

My LV Tambour w/ the El Primero movement has an issue.  The chronograph minute counter at 3 o'clock won't advance when the chronograph is running.  Everything else works great, and the watch is within chronometer specs and seems to be generally healthy on my timegrapher.  I can see the minute counter hand begin to advance and then it falls back to its original "zero" position.  Any suggestions?

Here's an animated GIF where you can see the issue.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

This is not an easy movement to service if you do not have a lot of experience with servicing chronos like it.  I have serviced thousands of chronos and many hundreds of these and can help you with the specifics if you wish to PM me.