Help installing Kif spring

I've had a frustrating time trying to install a Kif Flector spring. I can get the retainer spring into the setting but can't figure out the best way of installing the actual shock spring.

Anyone had any experience with these and some tips on how to do it without throwing the watch out the window?

kif 1.jpg

kif 2.jpg

Hi there Use some peg wood or a cocktail stick,and taper the end diameter so it's the right OD, and use a small drill to create a recess in the tip - works like a charm with the kif spring. Have a look at the video 

Edited by Graziano

Thanks Graziano but the one I have doesn't remove completely - it hinges on a recessed spring. I don't have a problem opening it. I am actually trying to completely replace a broken spring and that is proving difficult.

Ah, thanks very much @Delgetti. I was wondering if this was the way to do it. Would you leave the jewels in so that the spring is supported whilst this is carried out?

I found that the spring tends to drop into the setting without the jewel there but I also didn't want the added stress of accidently launching the jewel into outer space whilst fiddling with the spring!!

Edited by Bonzer