FE 3611 / Cupillard 3611 stem

Recently got in a generic watch (Van Wyk) that is missing a stem. It has a  FE / Cupillard cal 3611 movement. I normally use a combination of the following to find the stem dimension drawings and cross referencing to find interchangeability with other brands and calibres  -  windingstems.com , ranfft, my old best fit and Flume books (indispensable reference when working with vintage watches). All I can find is its W3246 and its not on windingstems or in my bestfit books. Can anyone here help. 

I was also wondering for stems if there is some cross referencing charts or manufactures technical info out there between Ronda, DCN, and bestfit and any others. The same applies to mainspring Denison, white a loy, Sampson etc. Finally is the U no for stems and the  W no for balance staffs a German Fluke thing ?

Off the subject - Finally got the tissot out which had the date wheel click over problem. After timing and recasing it would stop for no reason sometimes running 36hours without a problem. It had me puzzled. Called it the devils watch even had a serial no ending in 666. Eventually it started  printing the 15 dot out of alignment (vibrograf B200 timing machine). So strip and recheck escape wheel teeth perfect, re-examined pallet fork and then I saw it. The one pallet jewel was slightly loose but was still covered with the shellac. Couldn't find my flakes and did have methanol, ethanol, butyl or isopropyl alcohol at hand to dissolve them. Came up with a solution wifes crimson red nail polish :). Been running 2 weeks now no problems reported by client.

The information on ranfft says the stem reference should refer to Flume. Agreed though that if W3246 can't be 'translated' to something you can place an order for that still leaves you with a problem. 

Perhaps another tip that sometimes comes in useful is to do a google image search / ebay search for the stem you're after and look for a Ronda packet image. I've just done that and see that we're dealing with a 1775 as per attached image. 

Here's the funny thing though ... now go to the windingstems site I know you've already tried using. Plug in 'Seach all brands' and 1775 for the Ronda reference. What's coming up? You guessed it FE 3600 et al. Why couldn't you find this initially ... because I note FE is not in the list of brands to start with. The reverse look up works but you don't have an opportunity to do a by brand look-up for FE. Oops - an omission by windingstems or a secret plot to keep people away from fixing FEs? ? 

image.png.8e453ff03e50eba0b0bccd1af9c021cb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks WatchMaker your a star. I got some old Ronda stems checked through them but I dont have it. Busy with another round about route to see if I have something with close dimensions that might work. First convert WS measurement points to Bestfit points ie E=A, F=B, A=C , B=D , C=E, D=F. Then in Bestfit vol1 go to section # 200 stem system metric measurement chart and find the 200 no that best fits your critical dimensions eg 612F. The look up that 612F in the #200 master stem system interchangeability which gives you all the Makes and Calibres it fits. In my case Movado 50 sp which also dont have.  I must also try and find if DCN and Ronda have catalogs online with stem dimensions, their part no. and make and calibre they fit