Rolex 1602 -Kif Spring?

Hey guys and gals,

I'm in need of a Kif spring for the lower cap jewel for the escape wheel of a Rolex 1602, part number is 1878 (I think).

I bought a packet of Kif 10-2 from Cousins, but they were too small.

Does anyone know the correct size for this?

Thanks so much!

Patrick

Thanks Clockboy. Those PDFs will come in handy in the future. But as my spring didn't look like any in the PDFs, maybe I'm calling it the wrong name. Thus spring looks more like a wishbone...a single "prong" at, say 12:00, and one at 8:00 and 4:00.

I will look up the 3-3 Elastor...

A pic of the top spring will help with the correct ID.  I have looked at some pics of the 1602 & they look like to me the style Elastor. 

​If you PM me with a forwarding address I will send you a KIF 3-3 &/or a KIF 3-2. One of these should fit.

PS a word of warning these can be Bu**ers to fit and handle. Rob a forum member gave me this tip

Use good quality fine tweezers & when the spring is nearly in place cover the watch with cling film as these fly away even if you even look at them in a nasty way. 

I also found it is best to fit one corner at a time with something to hold it steady while you fit. I used an old oiler but fine pegwood would work.

No I don't know what that style of spring is.

The shock springs I was looking at were for the balance NOT the escape wheel. Sorry my mistake the Rolex 3135 I worked on had the same style shocks just different sizes but yours looks like it has a different style shock for the escape. I don't know what this is someone else on the forum might know.

Cousins do a selection of shock springs (50 Chinese) for about £3.50 I think I detect one that looks like the one you are looking for.

I had one of these that was sent to me in error by Cousins No. ROL20304497. It is the correct shape but do not know if it is the correct size.

it states it is for a Rolex 2030.  It might be worth gamble if no luck anywhere else.