Quartz help for a newbie

Hi All,

I recently put together a mechanical based on Mark's you tube videos. A fairly easy process as all the parts online are listed by their movement number.

I now want to assemble a quartz watch but am struggling to match parts. Am I missing something? None of the parts seem to be listed with numbers. How can I ensure my dial and case match the movement?

Thanks is advance!

6 hours ago, TimeInMotion said:

Hi All,

I recently put together a mechanical based on Mark's you tube videos. A fairly easy process as all the parts online are listed by their movement number.

I now want to assemble a quartz watch but am struggling to match parts. Am I missing something? None of the parts seem to be listed with numbers. How can I ensure my dial and case match the movement?

Thanks is advance!

The parts for their movements are listed for both, mechanical and quartz watches. Which parts are you searching for?

7 minutes ago, TimeInMotion said:

If I search a quartz movement number against terms like case, dial etc. I get no results.
Conversely, a mech movement like 6497 gives me a wealth of parts to choose from.

It's no surprise, there is a number of people putting together or modifying mechanical watches. If you search for Seiko SKX007, or 7S26 you will find even more, virtually all made in China.

Conversely, quartz watch don't resound much with enthusiasts and collectors, so they are mostly left as they are. Which doesn't mean that you can put together you own etc with just a bit of skill and ingenuity, maybe starting from cheap lots purchases.