Mido Ocean Star Powerwind. Cal. 917Pco And Compatitle Hand Set

I've been searching on the net including eBay to find a set of hands for my Mido Ocean Star Powerwind Cal # 917PCO. I went to http://www.ofrei.combut I can't figured out which one will be fit to my watch. And I can't find any of them on eBay. Does anyone know which compatitle set of hands that I can buy to replace for my Mido 917PCO? And where to buy ? If anyone had it I would like to buy it.

Thanks for all info, and advises.

post-726-0-00654400-1426820380_thumb.jpg

Hi John, it appears that the hand measurements are 1.30/0.84/0.21 mm, that is, 1.30 mm the hole in the hour hand, 0.84 mm the hole in the minute hand and 0.21 mm for the seconds hand. You will only need to measure the minute track for acceptable length or the actual length of the original hands and browse different vendors. I sometimes find stuff unobtainable at ofrei in cousins or sometimes borel, cas-ker and esslinger...those are my main sources. Maybe we can get more input from other members...

Another solution you can try is finding the closest hole match and either broaching it larger or crimping it smaller but that is a difficult and very skilled endeavor. Hope this help,

Cheers,

Bob

PS. You can actually measure the post where the hands go. i.e. cannon pinion, and so on, with a gauge...I find this kind of difficult in some movements without disassembly.

Edited by bobm12
  • Like 1

Agree with Bob. It,s highly unlikely you will get Mido ocean hands but once you know the sizes required you should be able to source suitable hands. As a personnel preference I would prefer if the exact size is not available to have hands slightly loose and then tighten.

Edited by clockboy
  • Like 1