Seiko Movement With Perpetual Calendar

joel

I have replaced a battery in this watch and the power drains immediately.  There is no insulator needed.  Anyone have any input

on what might be wrong or if I'm doing something wrong?  It is movement #8F32A with a 2412 3v battery. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at Mark's video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hVre1yf_k

Thanks George , ...I have seen this video several times , I just didn't realize it was an 8F32 movement...

I don't watch television  ...everything I see is through my computer  and I think I have seen Marks great videos more than anything else . I will start to work on a watch project about 9 or 10 PM until about 4 AM , put on some music and run Marks videos for company ......  I gotta get a Life ..... someday

Hey George , What kind of bike is your Cafe Racer ? It looks nice .

Hi Ricardo, that was my Norton back in 1972.

When I purchased it in 1967 at the age of sixteen it was a standard 1958 600cc Norton Dominator. The first thing I did was take it to bits and get looking as close to a racing Manx Norton as possible. In 1969 I fitted a fully race tuned 650ss engine, and in 1971 I replaced that with a 750cc Atlas motor. Unfortunately it met it's demise in 1972 when I was travelling at a fair rate of knots and a car pulled out in front of me. :( The only thing that remains of the bike is the registration number which is fitted to my car.

Is that a Tiger 100 your sitting on? My current transport is a 900 Triumph Trophy. :)

Hi Ricardo, that was my Norton back in 1972.

When I purchased it in 1967 at the age of sixteen it was a standard 1958 600cc Norton Dominator. The first thing I did was take it to bits and get looking as close to a racing Manx Norton as possible. In 1969 I fitted a fully race tuned 650ss engine, and in 1971 I replaced that with a 750cc Atlas motor. Unfortunately it met it's demise in 1972 when I was travelling at a fair rate of knots and a car pulled out in front of me. :( The only thing that remains of the bike is the registration number which is fitted to my car.

Is that a Tiger 100 your sitting on? My current transport is a 900 Triumph Trophy. :)

My motorcycle was a 2 cyl. Triumph Trophy 500cc  1 carb . I had just had the engine and trans . rebuilt at the local Triumph shop and had a custom Emron  painted tank with the Triumph logo done in silver leaf . Wish I still had it . I always loved the Triumphs , Norton's , and BSA's . I used to go to the flat track races in California and they would run those and the Harley sportsters . You can see my Uncles Chevy in the background of my pic and estimate the year  .

The 500 Trophy was an export only model and better finished than the bikes we got in the UK. A friend of mine managed to acquire one back in the day and I rode it a few times; a lovely bike! B)

it does sound to me like a short somewhere . You might asking member George Clarkson...he has experience with this type of Seiko .

attachicon.gifSEIKO_4F32_8F32_8F33.pdf

Have a look at Mark's video.

Oh I nearly forgot, welcome to the forum Joel.

Thank you ricardopalamino and geo.  I did have that PDF and I did watch Mark's video.  Unfortunately, neither could help me determine why the short is occuring.  I'll keep trying

and thanks again for the replies!  Joel

Contrary to what ricardopalamino said, I have not that much of experience in this particular watch, since I tend to focus my attention, when it comes to quartz watches, to Seikos 7Axx and 7Txx chronograph series. I would recommend, though, to check the coil: I had a similar issue once on a 7A38 where the coil was damaged, and the battery didn't last more than a month. Switching the coil to a good one, apparently sorted the problem. After 1 year, the watch is still working with the same battery.

You should look on the technical manual the value of the coil, and compare it with yours. This is the only thing I can come up with, sorry.

George Clarkson

Contrary to what ricardopalamino said, I have not that much of experience in this particular watch, since I tend to focus my attention, when it comes to quartz watches, to Seikos 7Axx and 7Txx chronograph series. I would recommend, though, to check the coil: I had a similar issue once on a 7A38 where the coil was damaged, and the battery didn't last more than a month. Switching the coil to a good one, apparently sorted the problem. After 1 year, the watch is still working with the same battery.

You should look on the technical manual the value of the coil, and compare it with yours. This is the only thing I can come up with, sorry.

George Clarkson

Thank you George.  I appreciate your input!

Joel