Disassembly Assistance: Swiss Army Chrono Pro.

rizzag

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Jeff   near the keyless work there is a post with a small dimple just press this gently to release main stem, the others may have somthing of a similar nature or lifting the retainer bar,    Whats the make and caliber number  (near or under balance)

That worked for the main stem. The movement tilted out without it. The stop/start and reset stems stayed with the body. 

the only writing I see says:

25 Jewels

Twenty Five

Swiss

3 minutes ago, Tudor said:

It’s a 7750 and the pushers are mounted to, and stay with, the case. 

You got it sorted. 

You might consider replacing the crown, pusher a d case back gaskets while it’s apart. 

Thank you! 

now, to get the lens out?

That should come straight off. You need to get between the case and bezel to separate them. 

But first I’ll say you should have a crystal gasket before you disassemble this. Often they are not reusable. They leak if revised in my experience. 

but, get between there with a heavy razor blade- like for a utility knife- and work around the case carefully. You can scratch things easily here if you are not careful. 

Once it’s open enough, get a case knife in the gap, possibly against the razor side to protect the top of the case, and pry it off as evenly as you can. 

Perhaps the bezel will come without disturbing the seal ring. In that case, you can polish the bezel and reinstall (you’ll need a press of some sort for that) and it might be okay. Protect the sides of the seal with tape if you decide to touch up the case too. In an earlier post on my Seamaster 300, I show how to get straight, even “brushing” finish on the case sides. 

Edited by Tudor
  • Like 1