How to file a ceramic insert

I bought a ceramic insert for my Loreo Sub homage, and turns out that what I need is a 37.5mm bezel, and I got a 38mm, so I need to shave down half a millimeter. I have a dremel rotary tool, and have tested a couple of filing wheels, but don't seem do do any dent on the insert. I'm surely don't want to break it, so I won't force it inside the bezel, and I've been trying to file it very gently. I can't seen to find any specific ceramic bezel in this size, but those for the Rolexes, which are very expensive.

Any idea how can I file it down? Do I need a special cutting wheel that you can recommend?

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Tudor said:

Diamond files. 

Jig up the insert so you can spin it smoothly and press the file against the spinning insert. 

Measure often...

BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I tried many stone wheels on my rotary tool, none of them worked, but then I searched Amazon for diamond files for rotary tools, and it showed one stone wheel that I didn't tried. And it was a diamond file. So, I carefully filed it down, measuring often as advised, and voila. 

OMG, this watch is going to be SOOO gorgeous. The only thing I need now is my C-S Hypo Cement to arrive. 

Thanks, again.

Edited by MartinOcando

Well, I meant a hand held one.  Use the rotary tool like a lathe to spin the part and bring the file into the rotating insert, to remove equal material all around. Only a quarter millimeter per side so it shouldn’t take long. 

Maybe fill the insert recesses with lume, seal with clear epoxy and then polish the top surface flush...

• Like 1

Yeah, I understood what you meant, but I don't have a way to fit the insert to a rotary tool. All I have at my disposal for now is a handheld dremel-like rotary tool, and I tried very carefully to remove material equally all around the insert. And it worked perfectly.