Old Reebok (From My Father)

Hi,

I have an old Reebok sports watch from the 90's. It's nothing fancy or expensive, but my father bought it for me when I was a kid so it has sentimental value.

It has a button missing and the strap is completely shattered into pieces.  I probably will never find a replacement button, but can I find a similar substitute to replace all the buttons or how can I go about fixing this watch.

Many Thanks,

Mike

e-mail: [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

post-728-0-76321600-1425012550_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-18063300-1425012566_thumb.jpg

These "designer" watches used standard movements - mainly, but not totally, Japanese quartz ones. If you can get the back off, you may well be able to see what the movement is - perhaps a Ronda or something similar - and then see if a replacement or equivalent is obtainable from somewhere like Cousins.

It may be a mechanical movement - auto or hand wind perhaps - but the same principle applies. See what it is and see if it can be replaced. However, the buttons may or may not be part of the movement...

As for the strap, all I can suggest is to see what there might be on eBay. I would say your whole watch would probably cost about £25 to replace from eBay - but then it wouldn't be your father's present to you! You could obtain one then cannibalise it for the strap.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I don't think you would be able to find spare parts. Your best bet would be to get a new movement from eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/256508500506?itmmeta=01HY3M863PSA61GK7B859QCWTE&hash=item3bb9191a1a:g:ubgAAOSwrJJgPP-s&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4DxWhpiQiz2ZjKpm3PS%2FHPh4IafsSzMWEobc2q4qQWgPGMZ8kCR8y2PRsm7GE31FjeSDYSWcEyGlrpZEdQyyzOSgsgsaPjbP7dYmK8r49Nh%2BEtSqDDIZ8Tbp3vvX035fFXgcjc1GEH8l%2FOWJ9aTeWNGzeBgUwqyhJ3ZSXji50TQr6rd38Sqwaqsj2oc51UVKqqIKySKTfxVB7X09EXcJsmeYc5GCdVODNkb02q2RsxfSIzpgl9dFCmW1Ih%2BPg2j2NziSELg5AfaHl%2FPU2Zn9fNnoVN1Z1NUAREyh2BCubcWC|tkp%3ABk9SR_bhoPTwYw
    • Here's a thought. Try unscrewing the bezel and the crystal. If you have one of those sticky balls for undoing casebacks, I would give that a try.
    • Last week I noticed my Eco-drive's second hand was stopped at 12 o'clock. I left it in the sun for a few days and no change, so I figured it was time to replace the rechargeable battery. I've had this guy for at least 15 years. Replaced the battery and the seconds hand moved to about 5 o'clock and stopped there. I let it sit for a day in the sun, no change. I took the battery out and tested it, and it's at 1.4v. The old one was at 1.0v. I'd like to test if it's charging. I've been looking around for diagnostic info, but only been able to find the owner's manual. Anyone have a reference for it?
    • Welcome Simeon. If you hang around here you'll soon learn learn enough to get other people in trouble, too. 😉 
    • I haven't done a hunt in a while, but I'd go through the however many pages of results, open tabs for anything that looked like it might meet my specs, review to see what actually meets my specs, then place my 404 bid and move on. If I get it, I get it. I did my homework, and it was worth it. If I don't, there's always the other half dozen or so. No sweat.