Shock spring replacement on a Pobeda Sportivnie 1. MWF

Tschacko

Guys,

I was trying to replace a shock spring on a cap jewel on an old Pobeda Sportivnie but pulling it out while it is almost flat doesnt help at all plus...where could I get a replacement spring ?

I tried pulling with steel and brass tweezer but it only cranked the arms of the shock sping. I watched a video of removing KIF springs but dont know if that sock spring works the same way.

I tried searching on cousins but they only have an assorted set of asian shock springs.

Anbody might jump at it ?

a7d8eeead2e71527f65e9cf53c85e023.jpg

It’s an incabloc spring - the arms are secured under the plate and when they are released the spring swings open. If the spring is not too damaged, it should not need to be replaced. If it is damaged, it should be replaceable from a donor scrap movement found on eBay. I may be wrong but I believe the central-second version of the 1MWF movement is called the Zim 2603. Should be relatively easy to find a donor. 

It’s an incabloc spring - the arms are secured under the plate and when they are released the spring swings open. If the spring is not too damaged, it should not need to be replaced. If it is damaged, it should be replaceable from a donor scrap movement found on eBay. I may be wrong but I believe the central-second version of the 1MWF movement is called the Zim 2603. Should be relatively easy to find a donor. 

Thanks, John. So how is the best way to pull it out?

To open it or to remove it? It swings open and should not need to be removed completely. Starting at the end where the two arms of the spring are not joined together, gently maneuver each arm out from under the plate using a small screwdriver. Once they are both out the hinge will swing open. 

The spring shouldn’t need to be removed completely unless it’s damaged and needs to be replaced. My understanding is this is move involved, often involving dismantling the Incabloc setting. But I don’t think this is always required, it depends.

i recommend searching ‘incabloc spring’ on YouTube. No doubt there are videos on both opening them and replacing them completely. 

To open it or to remove it? It swings open and should not need to be removed completely. Starting at the end where the two arms of the spring are not joined together, gently maneuver each arm out from under the plate using a small screwdriver. Once they are both out the hinge will swing open. 

The spring shouldn’t need to be removed completely unless it’s damaged and needs to be replaced. My understanding is this is move involved, often involving dismantling the Incabloc setting. But I don’t think this is always required, it depends.
i recommend searching ‘incabloc spring’ on YouTube. No doubt there are videos on both opening them and replacing them completely. 

Opening, is easy. I want to remove it because one arm broke. I searched on YouTube but pulling it out while it is open but laying flat seems to be impossible.