Looking to replace this part, but I'm not quite sure what it is. Bracelet pin?

Hey there, I decided to get into maintain my own watches partly because of this problem.

I had noticed some discomfort while wearing my Swiss Legend watch at work. Upon examining it I found that one of the bracelet pin or screws came loose and was sliding out of the band. At first I was able to tighten it back in, but as time went on tightening it back down seemed became less effective and now it's to the point where a shake of the wrist can be enough for the screw to slide out. Once or twice it has slid out completely and caused the watch to fall off my wrist.  I've asked jewelers to take a look at it when I bring it in for battery replacement, but they've ignored the issue and just replaced the battery (mostly my fault because I was never able to explain the issue I was having to the person doing the actual work and I never verified that the work was done when I picked it up. I was never charged for the work so I never pressed it). I'm just looking for a name for the pin/screw I need to replace and a source for it. I've searched for bracelet pin, bracelet screw, watch band pins, watch band screws, etc and haven't quite found the part that matches up. The pin/screw in question is the first on the left in the first picture and appears as if it may have had a portion of the threaded end snapped off (second picture).

Thanks for reading and for any help you may be able to provide

IMG_20200723_121507.jpg

IMG_20200723_121739.jpg

IMG_20200723_121633.jpg

No chances to you find the spare links for when the bracelet was sized? This type of pins can be difficult to find in individual sizes. An assorted box is expensive and you don't even have the guarantee that contains a perfect fit. Also expensive to have a watchmaker make one, although is not difficult. I would try strong loctite until a better solution is found, it is then released with some heat.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/watch-bracelet-screws-assorted

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

I had a client  who suffered the same dilema  and did not want to purchase an assortment of pins on the off chance we could find one to fit. So I resorted to loctite thread locker which cured the problem and the watch is still being worn 2 years on. Not the most satisfying repair but he was very happy with the job.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...