G'Day from Australia!

G'day everyone,

Cheers for the add. I've always been a great admirer of time pieces, especially pocket watches. Not until recently have I truly appreciated the skill and patience of a watchmaker. I bought a spring bar removal tool a few weeks ago as I wanted a proper tool to change my watch straps instead of using precision screwdrivers. That's when I stepped into the world of Bergeon! Not only did I swap my straps, I did it for my missus and before long, I've swapped straps for 6 of my neighbours! So I've decided to do a deeper dive into this new hobby and got me some basic tools. Can't afford all my tools to be Bergeon or AF at the moment but got myself a beginner kit from a local watch supplies wholesaler and a mate has kindly donated his 1950s Cyma, manual wind Cymaflex r458 for my learning. He said if i could make it work again, he would buy it back from me. For his kind gesture, I want to get it working again and return it to him as a gift.

After countless hours of watching Mark's and other videos on YouTube and getting advice from good people in a FB fourm, I've been disassembling the movement and giving it a clean. Manual cleaning at the moment. I've started putting it back together and as always taking something apart was always the easy bit! Here are some photos for viewing. All advice is appreciated. Talk soon.

Have a good one!

1. Workstation set up.JPG

2. Open sesame.JPG

3. Disassembly.JPG

4. Disassembly.JPG

5. Fully Disassembled.JPG

6. Cleaning.JPG

7. Reassembly.JPG

8. Reassembly.JPG

9. Reassembly.JPG

10. Reassembly.JPG