RyanGreerMcGilloway

Tissot pr516gl overhaul

Question

Hi all. Got a new one here. It needs some minor work. However I’m struggling to find any parts for it as it’s quite obsolete. 

I want a new crystal, new hands. Does anyone know where to get these parts, even from another movement that’s comparable? 

tah,

image.jpg

3 answers to this question

The scuff marks on the crystal can be easily polished, or a generic flat one be fitted. 

You can desume the hands hole size from the movement used and get generic baton one. Again, it seems to me that all original ones need is a bit of cleanup. 

I had tried to polish the crystal with a dermal but have pushed my luck and scorched the bottom of it. Can’t be seen clearly from pics but it beyond polish and as for the hands. I wanted to get a original white Hour / minute hands and red second hand. 

20 minutes ago, RyanGreerMcGilloway said:

I wanted to get a original white Hour / minute hands and red second hand. 

I wanted many specific parts too then come to terms with the fact that unavailable means just that and lived happily since.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I Googled "EB 8201" (site:watchrepairtalk.com EB 2801) but nothing came up. Can you please provide a link? I don't even know what an "EB 8201" is. And while on the topic of links; as a service to my fellow members, I always try to include a link when I make a reference to something I've read or created on the WRT or elsewhere so that they don't have to spend their precious time on trying to find something that cost me so little to provide. And, it makes me feel good!  I must say, that's sounds like a pretty interesting idea. I will definitely try it. Thanks! Unfortunately, that will make me click a "buy button" or two as I'll be needing a spirit lamp and some methanol. I guess my "good repairer/watchmaker" score will take a hit, but if I can get that GR spring to work in my Orient it'll be worth it .
    • I will be sure to count them when I strip it down. I think you could be right about the rotor. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    • I tried something new with my 70 year old Elma cleaner yesterday. As always, I use Elma Red 1:9 (ammoniated) for about six minutes, then rinse in deionised water for about 2 minutes, and a finally rinse in Suprol Pro (really nasty stuff) for about 2 minutes. However, this time around, as I was just cleaning a mainspring, its barrel, lid, and arbor, I ran the motor as hard as I could. This made the Elma Red look like pink milk, but the result was pretty amazing. I've always run the motor pretty moderately for fear of destroying the hairspring but the results have just been so so, requiring quite a bit of after cleaning. The next time around I will "put the pedal to the metal" and see how it goes  EDIT: When using water based cleaning solutions (like the ones I describe in the above paragraph), be very careful not to overdo it. The first time I tried my Elma machine I ran it for something like 40 minutes, and the entire movement got stained and even some rust started to develop. It took me a day of manual cleaning and polishing to get everything in acceptable order 
    • I think this rotor has been scavenged off of 6001 which came in 17 & 21  jewels versons. Several parts are interchangable between the two. Not the caliber I spoke of.  This Calib 6501 is 21 jeweler.
    • Got it thanks but doesn't seem to show the motion side. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk