Bulova Series 262/263. Rotor

Davis

Looking for a new rotor for my Bulova watch. It’s a 2623,10 caliber witch is the same as a series 262/263 per the watch Bulletin JohnR725 sent me. It’s shows the rotor as a 20.580. Looked around but could not find anyone selling rotors. The question is are they available and who has them. 

I think I bent the shaft when trying to install the train wheel bridge. Now I can’t get it back in the lower pivot. Tried to straighten but to know avail. As can be seen in the photo it looks like the magnet is also chipped. The hole that the rotor fits into is about 1.4 mm

Thanks in advance for your help

Dave 

A642CBF5-5933-49AB-AD69-DA620EF95517.jpeg

4A69778D-EF63-4471-AB99-C95160E9DB25.jpeg

• 1 month later...

You're probably unlikely to be able to pick up an individual part like this.

Like a lot of us, for spares you'll have to keep your eye out on somewhere regularly like ebay for a scrap movement you can cannibalise. Or if you really like the watch your movement goes into then invest in a complete NOS movement e.g. https://www.watchesulike.com/en/bulova/14106-bulova-caliber-2623-10-movement.html

The alternative if you simply like the watch for its case and dial and aren't precious about the movement having association with Bulova is to pick up an inexpensive quartz alternative.

Thanks for the reply. Not really an important watch. Just trying to get to run. I contacted Bulova and am waiting for a reply. Considering a new movement for this one and another one that I have. Just passing time during the “lockdown”

Hope all is well on your end, Dave

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• One-dip or naphtha should be safe, but are you sure it isn't magnetized?  I would also check that.  Although, if that balance is from an Elgin 760 0r 761, I would think it would have a hairspring of non-magnetic alloy.
    • Hi, Is there a spell check function available when you are posting ? Regards CJ
    • Hi John I just did a Seiko Lord-Matic a front loader without a split stem, I used a crystal lift to remove it, although I had to have it that tight I though I was going to break the lift before the crystal would budge. So I decided that the press would be a better option as I think crystals with tension rings resist a lot of compressing. I used a crystal press to repalce it and the bezel with no issues, obviuosly a different watch to the Omega. I just took my time and kept inspecting the installation progress bit by bit Regards CJ
    • Hello All, I’m replacing the crystal in an Omega Dynamic, # 165.039, which houses a cal 552, installed through the front of the case. The replacement Sterncreuz crystal is, like the original, with tension ring. I removed the crystal using a compressed air technique to pop it out.  (I have a crystal lift, but I’m always fearful of marking the crystal edges and so avoid using it as much as possible). Now to the replacement -  any tips on putting the crystal back in?  Am I obliged to using my dreaded crystal lift to complete the task, or how about a crystal press?  I’ve put lots of crystals in using a press, but never with the movement in the watch. The thought of using one with a front-loader makes me very nervous, with the fully assembled watch sitting under the press. How would more experienced folks proceed here? Any advice, gratefully received… John Down Under…
    • No thats straight out of the watch as i found it the balance wheel is almost as bad. I've never seen so much material removed.