Swapping A Clone 2836.2 For A Swiss Eta 2824-2 Question

DJT2

Hi folks I'm new to this forum & other than hello & welcome post, this will be my first.

I've managed to score a few Swiss eta movements & I'm planning my first real project. I plan to teardown, service & convert to H4 my nos 2824-2 tissot movement. After completing I am planning to install in a watch that currently has a clone 2836.2. The question I'm wondering is & after looking at difference between the calendar wheels(the 2824 flat & the 2836 with a small ring to lift it higher) will I need to use a dial spacer so the stem will line up with the tube. Or am I over thinking it. I assumed it was the same movement other than the cannon pinion, etc..

Advice would be welcome

Just looked at my post & I have over complicated the question. So I'll try again.

If I take a stock 2836 movement out of a watch & without any modifications replaced it with a 2824. Other than the hands being closer to the dial would everything else be fine eg.. Datewheel height & stem/crown line up with tube.

The date wheel should, in theory, line up. The stem should also, in theory.

Thanks Mark, that's what I assumed. Just wanted to check as someone on I know said the stem may not lineup correctly. Good to know all my research wasn't a waste of time.