Sign in to follow this  
Kevin450

Kevin from Germany

Hello I am Kevin from Germany

I came through YouTube and I have been interested in watches recently

This looks like a very friendly community, I did not know this stuff exists in the internet until I saw one myself

I am thinking about repainting an antique wall clock with luminous paint. I do not know what kind of paint I should use since radium is not easy to get these days.

Any advice?

Best wishes

Kevin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I would date that at around the early 1800’s, with takes it into the regency period of clocks.  It is an 8 day English Fusee Bracket clock. The pattern on the back plate is what you would expect with a clock of that date. The early ones the back plate would have been completely engraved as to would the fixing brackets and pendulum bob. Painted enamel dial with convex glass. I expect it has rack striking striking which is on a bell. Do I see a cut out at the base of the clock for the pendulum? If so then this is a marriage.
    • I do like how the pattern on the back plate has been continued on the brackets to hold it in the clock. I've not seen that before. I do like the hands although it looks like the minute hand has been twisted slightly, but I would think long and hard before trying to straighten it.
    • Hi Try  osoleteclockandwatchparts.co.uk I have picked up a few seiko bits from him. Its run by John senior in Yorkshire.
    • https://speedtimerkollektion.com/ is a good source of parts for Seiko you will just have to keep looking, both the watches you need backs for are very collectable now and demand high prices so I doubt any one would sell any case parts for them cheap.
    • Good day to all!  Would anyone know where I could source case backs, specifically Seiko (6138-0040 and 6139-7100), beside eBay?  The few I can find are priced astronomically and the shipping is more than the part!