eco drive E812 all-reset

I have a citizen brycen eco drive chronograph with E812 movement.  after sitting in my drawer for awhile, my watch was not working but after several days of charging, it works again and keeps accurate time. The function hands seem to be a bit our of wack ( and were before the recharge) and I have been unable to perform an all-reset or adjust the calendar.  Citizen said I need the movement replace and the E812 is discontinued and recommended the E820.  I would prefer not to replace the movement.  Since the watch keeps accurate time, is it possible that I am just not understanding how to perform the all-reset? Could an eco drive keep accurate time but be defective so that the calendar could not be adjusted or and all-reset performed?  Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, davewilsonsr said:

Also, the watch is over 10 years old and I am wondering if it would be worth spending money to repair the watch if the power cell may have a finite lifespan.

Still better than changing batteries every 1 - 3 years, both practically and economically.