Louis bolle a 5038 738

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• These are the best photos I could get. There's one of the curb pin and it's kinda bent - could that be the culprit? Any observations will be appreciated.
    • I would start by finding the faults I introduced to this one. You can learn a lot from your own mistakes.
    • I do have one that I got from AliX.  But thanks for the thought.
    • Indeed... We have been married 25 years.  It wouldn't be the case if I hadn't followed that advice.  BTW I am done editing the video (mostly adding text and removing pauses and my hairy harm going in front of the lens because my part tray was on the left and I am right handed.  It is now uploading and will soon be attached here I just watched an assembly video of that movement (HMT0231) and I did notice the ratchet wheel screw being reverse threaded. Here is my first watch video taken using the microscope.    
    • As it turns out that other article was in fact correct. See the attached images. When I removed the metal ring, I found six screws in the groove below them.   I suppose that concludes the mystery of how to open this watch.   I’ve decided (for now) to heed the advice of my wife and those of you here who say it’s a bad idea to open this brand new watch and mess with it given that I have no experience repairing watches.   I suppose the final question I have for you all is what process should I undertake to gain the skills required to have confidence to work on this aquaracer. The first thing I wanted to do with this watch was attempt to regulate it and slow it down a bit. However, I also have ambitions of swapping out what I suspect is a standard grade SW200-1 with a top grade version. I also think it’d be really cool to figure out how to give this watch a display case back.   What things should I make sure to do first before graduating and allowing myself to tinker with this aquaracer?   Thanks again for everyone’s help!