finding right hairspring for UT6360

east3rn

Hello dear watchmakers.

I am working on a Unitas 6360 movement, Swiss made from 60s.

I definitely have to get new hairspring for this watch and I am searching the web to get the best deal..

On ebay, I found hairsprings for UT 6475 , UT 6310 and UT630. I wonder if these would work.

Also, is it OK to install screwed balance instead of non-screwed??

Any advice would be grateful.. Thank you!

11.png

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• This digital watch works but the buttons can't seem to be working does anyone know what could be the cause a have know idea?
    • Sorry I'm back again the reason why had   push the jewel out was someone had fitted a wrong one a couldnt get any end  and side shake with the old one ...I'm replacing it.
    • Tah-dah. A mini blow torch to harden it, then quench it and just a lighter held under a brass mainspring barrel that the part sits in to temper, Its important to wipe off any grease from fingerprints with ipa, you might be able to see i missed a bit at the top of the arm. Its a very satisfying process. I now just need to deal with the more difficult repairs, anybody any good at replacing rubbed in jewels ? 🙂
    • No I haven't tried that, I'm just thinking of the most complicated solutions 🤣   Another great idea 👍 All I need to do is hold that little bugger steady while I try and screw it in, without starting to shake, it gets the better of me sometimes but is getting less the more I do 😀  I need to order some bits from Cousins so I decoded to put this to one side until I get a balance screw holder, it may come in useful later on as well. I'm assuming it closes down enough as I don't know the diameter of a balance screw compared to the stud screw, I haven't worked on a movement with balance screws! I'll be getting the cheap one 😆
    • Finally figured out why my hands are so god damn steady. My mum 87 years old , 4 weeks after her stroke and has a macular hole in both eyes, she wiped the floor with me and my lad at a kids stacking chairs toy game. Here she in rehab placing the last chair into position, bloody ' Supergreatgreatgran'  i hope I'm half as fit at her age 🙂