New to this scene

CalDemp

Good afternoon,

I am living in the North West of England and a complete novice in the watch building/repair scene. i would like to develop my passion for Breitling and Waltham watches with a view to take up as hobby watch building/repairing.

I do not know where to start, what books should i get as beginner? website should i visit or stay away from? and which tools would i need to put me on the right path to pursue this goal.

I look forward to reading your replies.

Kind regards

CalDemp.

Welcome! You have come to the right place. Watch some of Marks YouTube videos to learn to what level of skill one should strive. As for a place to start? Pick one and go from there. Get a cheap worthless piece of rubbish to destroy with your curiosity. After a dozen of those, you will learn some dos and donts.
Horological is an art as well as a science. Jump in and figure out the details as you go. Read everything you can and decide your own path. But most of all, have fun and enjoy the history and engineering that goes into these small wonders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk