Help Needed Regarding Omega Chronostop!!

Cousinsuk.com

Click "Watch Parts"

Then "Watch Parts Branded"

Then "Omega"

Then "Omega Case Parts"

Put the case number in "146.009" and click "Lookup"

Choose "Pusher" from "Case parts description"

Choose "Search All" from "Case part item colour"

Then "Search for items"

You will get two results, a Gold Plated and a Stainless Steel option.

The stainless steel option has the code: "086ST0002"

yeah had a scout about on your chanel earlyer and came across it great video and so much help! so thanks for that.

Geo. thanks a bunch will have a look see if i can get hold of one before i go down the full new pusher route. hopfully will be able to get hold of one. any ideas on where i could get one? thanks Ben

just looking at that picture of the screw measurements would a standard 6mm long 1mm threaded screw with a 1.2mm head do the job do you reckon?

What you need is exactly what I have sketched as your watch is identical to mine.

I think the best option is to get a replacement original pusher.

My reasoning: This is a wonderful watch - one of my all time favourites, although I don't currently own one. And, in my opinion, deserves the best care. Patching it up when the original parts are very available (and at a reasonable price) is, in my mind, not wise.

The screw does more than hold the pusher in place, it also is part of the dust/moisture sealing so if the diameter of the screw shaft is slightly out the watch can steam up quite easily.

Wether is is a big box of screws to go through, or making one up on the lathe, I consider it to be a far less desirable repair job than to replace with an original part when the original part is so available and costs so little.

Hi Guys my watchmakers screwdrivers arrived this morning but been at work all day apart from quick trip to the watchmaker. so first thing I done on getting home was set up a work station and away I went got the movement out although I have 1 case clamp missing! the crown and movement came out hassle free I've removed the old broken pusher screw. thought I might aswell have a look at the chronostop hand while its out you guys were correct it was loose. so re-seated and tested it nothing happened. but with some light of rotation of the movement the chronostop hand moves freely around the dial and after a few different rotations starts ticking away as it should, press button in and hold in on movement and it stops then on release will reset straight back to 12 position and is fixed there but on pressing button in again wont kick it into starting but hand becomes free to move again... any ideas what this could be? 

I have gone through the screws and found a few possible matches. Although now you've said that mark I'm thinking against the idea and maybe best of going for full new pusher. but even with new replacement pusher I'm stuck to as why the chronostop hands not working

Regards Ben

going to have a good look about and see wheres best to take it to get serviced. alum came in post yesterday so thought might aswell give it a go saying as its here. been in there since yesterday and a few blasts in microwave and nothing. looks slightly cleaner but thats it. looks like its a new pusher after all.

It looks like the screw is stainless steel and not steel. If it worked and you could have sourced a screw it would have been a cheap fix if that was all it needed.

Mark that runs the forum would be an excellent choice if you are going ahead with the full service it requires. A lot of care is required with this watch, starting off with the second hand that can be very tight indeed to remove, mine pulled right off the mounting tube making things a bit more complicated.