My First Offering

Marc

This is my Dominant (AS 984).

post-73-0-21048600-1390849552_thumb.jpg

Googling for info about this guy is a nightmare as you can imagine (if you can't imagine just try and see).

I have only seen one other example on eBay which was for a cushion cased rose gold example with a 17 jewel version (mine is a 15) of what appears to  of the same movement and exactly the same fonts on the dial. Being gold it was hall marked which dated it to 1944 so I guess mine is of a similar vintage although at 34mm excluding the crown, mine is large for that period.

This was an eBay non-runner which I just couldn't resist. I love the simplicity of the dial, and the gorgeous richly blued hands, and an absolute steal for the price of a pint in a London pub. All that was required was a full service and a new crystal and crown. I'm not sure if I haven't used a slightly too small crown for the style of the watch so that may change, and I'm not convinced by the NATO strap which is a stand in until I can source an appropriate 19mm open ended (fixed lugs) black leather strap at the right price but as I resent paying out more for a strap than for the watch that goes on it that could be a challenge.

post-73-0-38742300-1390850526_thumb.jpg

The non-shock protected 15 jewel AS 984 movement has survived extremely well with little damage to screw heads and only minor marking to the plates, although the set lever screw hole bears the usual scars of too wide a screwdriver blade. There are 3 sets of service marks in the case back but I have yet to decode them so no date info there.

This has been in rotation for a couple of months now and gets a lot of wrist time, so far managing to stay within about +5 seconds per day which I reckon ain't too shabby.

I hope you like :-)