Seiko 5J22A Train Wheel Setting Lever

jnash

having an issue reassembling the movement.

I notices a stripdown on the forum so i thought id post a new one and not hijack the other one!

I have put it back together and the movement is dead.

I would like to know how the train wheel setting lever works with the forth wheel and pinion, is this supposed to be connected to this on a certain stage of the stem pulled out therefore stopping the train?

I have a feeling that regardless what position the stem is in it is not removing away from the wheel and therefore stopping the seconds from moving.

Hope the above makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Taken from Lawsons incredible walkthough and edited (hope you dont mind)

2w7fyw9.jpg

The to prongs from the setting lever. what are they doing.. mine are so far away (towards the outside)

The rotor is always between the rotor at all times and the prong closes to the the centre is actually touching on wheels in the gear train.

Just would like to know the function of these prongs and get an idea of where they should be on each stage of the stem being pulled out.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance

I'm afraid I don't have one here so I can't take any detailed pictures for you but I will say the PDF posted above contains all the required information.

Please review page 14 which goes into detail about the correct procedure for installing the part.

Part B pivots out when the winder is pulled out. The setting lever pushes part B which pushes the sliding pinion up and down the stem. The setting lever also has a post under it which is engaged with part A (the long channel) and as the post in the setting lever slides along the channel in part A, this causes part A to pivot out or in depending on wether the stem is out or in.

Now, when the winder is pulled out, the setting lever will push part A against the power saving pin which will effectively stop the watch.

I am not entirely sure, because I don't have one here, but it should also act as a brake against the wheels so they do not spin when you turn the winder to set the hands.

I'm afraid I don't have one here so I can't take any detailed pictures for you but I will say the PDF posted above contains all the required information.

Please review page 14 which goes into detail about the correct procedure for installing the part.

Part B pivots out when the winder is pulled out. The setting lever pushes part B which pushes the sliding pinion up and down the stem. The setting lever also has a post under it which is engaged with part A (the long channel) and as the post in the setting lever slides along the channel in part A, this causes part A to pivot out or in depending on wether the stem is out or in.

Now, when the winder is pulled out, the setting lever will push part A against the power saving pin which will effectively stop the watch.

I am not entirely sure, because I don't have one here, but it should also act as a brake against the wheels so they do not spin when you turn the winder to set the hands.

Thanks, it was your last paragraph was what I was thinking is the case. Regardless of the stem pulled out or not, mine is breaking the wheels, hence stopping the train all the time. - I'll take another look when I get a chance. Thanks in advance