Seiko 7S26 Rotating Bezel.........

C.O.R. My 7s26 couple days ago,very happy with the out come,BUT..........

I thought I would polish the case and lubercate the bezel while I had it off the watch. I had a small spring,small metal tube a very small ball bearing on top of the two. Now my bezel will not rotate very well. Any ideal?

Did I reinstall it wrong?.. I used a crystal press....

Thanks folks

Phil

Can you post a couple of photos please. Something sounds odd as the last Seiko to use this system was the earlier 7002 series before they went over to a spring clip uni directional system on the later 7002 and subsequent 7S26 series.

C.O.R. My 7s26 couple days ago,very happy with the out come,BUT..........

I thought I would polish the case and lubercate the bezel while I had it off the watch. I had a small spring,small metal tube a very small ball bearing on top of the two. Now my bezel will not rotate very well. Any ideal?

Did I reinstall it wrong?.. I used a crystal press....

Thanks folks

Phil

post-404-0-88809200-1415322453_thumb.jpg

post-404-0-64944900-1415322467_thumb.jpg

I am still new at this but the above is what I had. The stick is pointing at the little ball bearing that was stuck in the bezel when i pryed the bezel off. After which I noticed the little metal barrell was worn ( horse shoe shape at one end). So I turn the metal barrell around,

( now using the other true end) replaced the spring and bearing and now it works great. I guess the worn part of the barrell was keeping the ball from rolling?

Thank you....

Thanks for the info, apologies for all the questions but the reason for asking is that I am not over familiar with this particular model & was a little concerned it may have been one of the infamous 7S26-0039 feiko's. It does appear to differ greatly from the other models in the family by using a click ball system positioned in the 7:30 area when in the past this was in the 1:00 area and discontinued in favour of a spring clip prior to the introduction of the 7S26 divers range. The strange thing is that the tube holding the spring & ball appears to have come out, not seen that before! I would suspect that it has been re-dialed at some point as they normally only appear to be black or blue dials.

You may have already read it but more info here: http://quartzimodo.com/seiko-skx031k-submariner-review/

Gosh guys. Very interesting. I was not aware of the different position of the spring in the bezel...

I bought this watch off ebay few years ago. It was sold as "recent over haul" but never liked the way it ran,so I went through it.

I've seen where guys where doing some modification such as dial,bezel,hands etc... and I thought that was pretty cool so, I had to have one ..

I like these watches,just wish you could stem wind the automatic like you can most others.

Thank you guys for educataing me !!!!

I'm new by only a week to the forum. Already I love this. I'm going to really enjoy !!!!

One question......... How do I get to my post to see the comments? I get an email on my iPhone, but can't always see them till I get home. So, when I come to this web-site, where do I go to see the comments to my post?

THANK YOU ALL !